Post Study Policy Australia

Australia had a post-study work policy that allowed international students

who graduated from Australian institutions to work in the country temporarily after completing their studies.

However, immigration policies can change, so it’s essential to check the latest information from official sources or consult with an immigration advisor for the most up-to-date details. As of the last update, the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) was the primary visa for post-study work in Australia. This visa had two streams:

  1. Graduate Work Stream:
    • This stream was for graduates with skills and qualifications related to occupations in demand in the Australian labor market. The duration of the visa varied depending on the qualification obtained.
  2. Post-Study Work Stream:
    • This stream was for international students who graduated with a higher education degree from an Australian institution. The duration of the visa under this stream depended on the level of the qualification: two years for a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or coursework-based doctoral degree; and three years for a research-based doctoral degree.

To apply for the Temporary Graduate visa, individuals generally needed to meet certain requirements, including holding an eligible qualification, having adequate health insurance, and meeting health and character requirements.

Keep in mind that policies and visa requirements can change, so it’s crucial to check the official website of the Department of Home Affairs in Australia or consult with an official migration agent for the latest and most accurate information.